Thursday, March 19, 2009

Awesome ramen pic 2

This is why ramen in Japan just totally blows my mind again after I get used to ramen in LA. Unfortunately, I don't get to try this; I just get to drool over the pics. Look at this and think about all the ramen you eat in LA. It's like comparing your child's refrigerator art to a Mona Lisa. You love your kids doodles of dinosaurs, but c'mon, it's not exactly inspiring. I think this is a good analogy. In Tokyo, ramen is an art. Even the presentation is perfected. I got these pics from this site.

The shop is called Tsubomi (蕾), which means flower bud. There's a picture of the storefront below. It's located in Oimachi (大井町) which is in the Shinagawa district (品川区) of Tokyo. This particular dish, which is a Tonkotsu-shoyu (pork bone and soy sauce) soup is only served on Saturday evenings, at the customer's request (i.e., it's not on the menu). The man posting about it has gone every weekend since they started serving it. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment